Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Stumbled

Picture ref: http://www.vggallery.com/painting/p_0779.htm   





I stumbled, and fell.
When I got up and looked around,
there was no one in sight.
I thought I saw you in the distance,
but it was only your shadow,
walking into the night.
I have felt this feeling before, I thought.
Time has not erased what some happiness bought.
Fleeting glimpses of what could have been.
If only I remembered, what I know now, what I knew then.
So now, in the still, the quiet, the alone,
I have found what was lost, my heart, my soul.
Little pieces of them scattered, tattered and torn,
Some looking brand new, some showing signs of being worn.
With pail in hand, I walk through the field,
picking up the pieces, old and new, til my task is through.
Longest of walks, loves labor lost in hand,
back to regain a sense of who I am.
For as a woman, strong, true and proud,
the hardest task is yet to unfold,
to regain the sense of one’s own soul,
to find what was lost a long time ago.
To know who we are, what we think, where we go.
The journey is long, prepared well as we are,
From this step, I go, quite unsure but aware,
That once was lost, will be found, should I be willing to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment