Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Habit or Habitual - Day 2





Yesterday was day 2 of not smoking.  


I found the morning routine was getting a bit easier, but only when armed with the celery sticks and water.  Seeing how they aren't the worst things in the world to be using as a crutch, I am going with it.


The extra bitchy comes and goes, depending on the accompanying external stress.  I can feel when it is coming on, and have learned to just breathe through it.  


I kept away from the computer on Day 1.  I didn't want to make things harder than they had to be.  For me, I find that sitting down to the computer to let off some steam playing games, is a smoking trigger.  So I didn't do it.


Day 2 I took the plunge.  I went in to a hangout.  It was like a Jimmy Buffet song.  I had smokers to my left, and smokers to my right.


We had fun with it, I had people blow smoke at me and pretended to sniff & savor.  Truth is, I made the jokes, but after the initial "hey they are smoking and I can't" thought, the feeling went away.


The rest of the night was uneventful as I just kept busy and didn't think about it.


If they aren't here, I won't smoke, simple as.  I am not going to die because I can't have one, I couldn't say that a month ago, I can now.  A journey of a thousand miles is made up of millions of steps.  Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have supportive friends and family.


Two steps down, millions more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment