Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Everything is a teaching moment when it comes to our kids


Last week when the story broke of the bullied school bus monitor, I was working from home.  While I made a post on Google+, I never posted here.  I have to be more diligent about cross posting.  


From June 21, 2012:


https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-19JikFZ4LrE/T-M4rxDOoRI/AAAAAAAAFHY/CyP5jfkatag/w497-h373/303692_10151037440156350_723632327_n.jpg
Image courtesy of Today.com




Everything is a teaching moment when it comes to our kids

I was lucky enough to be working from home this morning, so I was able to grab the kiddo so we could watch together.  An interesting discussion followed about the kinds of bullying they don't teach in school.  To say he was angry about how those kids treated a lady who could have been his grandmother, is putting it mildly.  

Once that point was made, we turned it toward teachers and how he and his classmates speak to their teachers.  Well, what do you know, suddenly we were hanging our head, saying we had to do a better job in being respectful ALL the time when dealing with teachers and teacher's aides.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment